We are hiring a bioinformatic scientist / research associate in enzyme engineering. Work place is based in Ningbo, Zhejiang, China which is about 200 km away from Shanghai, China. Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any interest.
- Provide bioinformatic assessment and advisory support for research projects.
- Evaluate project proposals from bioinformatic point-of-view through literature search and database mining: Establish feasibility, intellectual property space, and initial strategy.
- Build 3D structure model of candidate enzymes, and use computational tools to carry out in silico study and screening of enzyme variants.
- Work closely with experimental scientists in enzyme engineering projects, design libraries for directed enzyme evolution.
- Work in fast-paced, cross-functional project teams to provide scientific expertise and insights.
- Draft patent applications and insure adequate coverage of IP landscape.
- Master degree in bioinformatics / computational biochemistry / biotechnology / molecular biology or similar, or Bachelor degree with relevant research experience.
- Excellent working knowledge and solid expertise in structure based molecular modeling of proteins and substrate docking.
- Experience in developing enzymes for biocatalysis, and deep understanding of directed enzyme evolution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Chinese/English).